Switching between wired and wireless easymesh/backhaul on supported devices

2024-08-18 04:05:34 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I'm looking to get a 2nd AX3000 router to serve as a device in a home easymesh setup, and looking to be able to alternate between wireless and wired mesh/backhaul modes.

Does the satellite router need to be reconfigured if I'm aiming to do this, or are any manual steps needed in general? I'm looking to achieve a setup where I can 'simpliy' unplug the an ethernet cable running from the main router to the satellite when for example starting a long home-streaming game session where every bit of latency counts, and not running the physical ethernet cable for day to day WFH usage.

The reason for this is that we're in a rental where there's no built-in cabling running from the area where we connect the modem+router to the study where my main PC lives, and leaving the cable lying there all the time becomes a major tripping hazard. Bit of a franken-solution I know but such is life haha!

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Switching between wired and wireless easymesh/backhaul on supported devices-Solution
2024-08-20 03:27:31 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@zogatruba 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

If my understanding is correct, it should be ok. You may refer to this guide.

For the routers that support Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul, please refer to the compatibility list.

Note,in the compatibility list,

For the routers that support Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul, they usually support wireless Backhaul.

But for the router that support Wireless Backhaul, they do not support Ethernet Backhaul.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Switching between wired and wireless easymesh/backhaul on supported devices-Solution
2024-08-20 03:27:31 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@zogatruba 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

If my understanding is correct, it should be ok. You may refer to this guide.

For the routers that support Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul, please refer to the compatibility list.

Note,in the compatibility list,

For the routers that support Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul, they usually support wireless Backhaul.

But for the router that support Wireless Backhaul, they do not support Ethernet Backhaul.

Recommended Solution
Options