Access Point and QoS

Access Point and QoS
Access Point and QoS
2024-08-18 20:06:18 - last edited Hace 2 semanas
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

Hi

In Deco settings we can find "In Access Point mode, Deco connects with a wired router or Wi-Fi router using Ethernet cables and increase wireless coverage.".

What could be the reason for me to use this functionality if the Router WiFi works the same way + I can use QoS?

I understand that In Access Point mode I increase the signal, but I router wifi mode i also increase the signal. And both modes gives me new Network SSIDs.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Access Point and QoS-Solution
2024-08-20 09:13:49 - last edited Hace 2 semanas

@Matter 

Hi,  Thank you very much for the feedback.

You could refer to this link to check the difference among "Wireless Router" mode and "Access Point" mode:

What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

Router mode does keep more advanced features but two Wi-Fi routers in the same network would also cause double NAT issue.

If the first router is quite powerful and supports similar advanced features, there is also no need to keep the NAT/DHCP enabled on the Deco.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Access Point and QoS-Solution
2024-08-20 09:13:49 - last edited Hace 2 semanas

@Matter 

Hi,  Thank you very much for the feedback.

You could refer to this link to check the difference among "Wireless Router" mode and "Access Point" mode:

What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

Router mode does keep more advanced features but two Wi-Fi routers in the same network would also cause double NAT issue.

If the first router is quite powerful and supports similar advanced features, there is also no need to keep the NAT/DHCP enabled on the Deco.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 83

Replies: 1

Related Articles