[help] EasyMesh or OneMesh for home
[help] EasyMesh or OneMesh for home
2024-08-20 12:37:20
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello

Need your help!

I read a lot about Mesh networks, and really confused between easy Mesh or One mesh for my house.(150 m2)

I want to buy Archer VR400 v3 as modem router (my current Internet is ADSL but it would upgrade to VDSL in next few months)

then I want to connect it to my Smart tv with cable,

and to create a Mesh to smoothly cover all my house, I want to add Archer AX10 as I read a satellite device can be add to a router and make a easy Mesh network.(Link)

so i will benefit Wifi 6 !

is it possible?

what do you suggest? Onemesh (Vr400 + a RE) or easyMesh?

(i want a cable connection to TV, smooth wifi cover all my house for up to 5 devices)

I would appreciate your suggestions. 

Regards

Options
9 Reply
Re:[help] EasyMesh or OneMesh for home
2024-08-20 23:33:10 - last edited 2024-08-22 18:06:11

@Mr-Arash 

I would go for VR400 and Easymesh capable Archer AX10. Easymesh is a newer technology - here you can check its description and comparison.

There's a scenario where your main router (VR400) supports Onemesh and the satelitte (AX10) supports Easymesh but they can build a mesh via WPS method.

There was a successful attempt for that in this post, but I can't garantee it will work in your case (VR400 and AX10).

The other scenario you could use is: VR400 in bridge mode and a couple of AX10s in Wi-Fi 6 Easymesh (via the link you posted) to cover your premises.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-08-21 13:25:21

@terziyski 

first, thanks a lot for your help.

in your 2nd scenario I should connect Archer vr400 to telephone line and then set it in Bridge mode, Am i right?

in this case, can i connect My Tv with Lan to Vr400?

I did not buy my satellite router yet, Do you suggest Ax10 or Ax12 or AX1500? (AX10 , AX12 , AX1500) or any you suggest in this price range.

AX10 and Ax1500 are the same i think, but no info about that if AX1500 is easyMesh compatible or not.

Ax10 is triple core, but out of dated and old?!

and AX12 , i heard has downgraded cpu compared to AX10!

thanks again for your advices

Options
2024-08-21 14:50:19

@Mr-Arash 

When in bridge mode you can't connect your TV to VR400 either wired or wireless - VR400 is a pure modem in this scenario.

I would recommend to go for AX10.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-08-22 07:35:45

@terziyski 

Thanks mate, you helped much.

I think I have set an EasyMesh with the first scenario, cause I need a TV connection to modem with cable, my TV is near VR400 and far from AX10.

more over I think first scenario which both device act as routers will provide more and better wifi coverage around home.

(compare to the second scenario which vr400 is just a pure modem)

Options
2024-08-22 09:22:17 - last edited 2024-08-22 09:23:46

@Mr-Arash 

@terziyski 

Hi

Really appreciate  @terziyski  for sharing the details about mesh networking and available solutions.

Just a gentle reminder that the VR400 supports OneMesh, while the AX10 supports EasyMesh, which may prevent them from forming a mesh network together.

For establishing a Wi-Fi 6 mesh network, the initial suggestion would be to consider acquiring the Archer VX1800v (easymesh) along with the Archer AX10 (easymesh). Alternatively, another option would be the combination of Archer VR400 (onemesh) and a compatible Range Extender (Onemesh).

Warm regards.

Options
2024-08-22 10:04:36

@Joseph-TP 

Hi

Thanks for sharing informtion.

what a cost effective set of devices you suggest for a easyMesh or Onemesh coverage in my house? while the price of vx1800 is almost 2x Vr400.

I need:

- a cable connection to TV with Lan

- 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz support

- wifi 6 (at least satellite router support wifi 6 )

- easyMesh or Onemesh

Regards.

Options
2024-08-22 10:41:18

@Mr-Arash 

Hi

The highly recommended setup includes pairing the Archer VX1800v (EasyMesh) with the Archer AX10 (EasyMesh).

This recommendation stems from the fact that the VR400 solely supports OneMesh, which restricts its compatibility with other routers. With OneMesh, it's limited to pairing a OneMesh router with a OneMesh extender(or powerline adapter). Additionally, due to the extender's half-duplex mode, the performance may be constrained, likely reaching only Wi-Fi 5 speeds.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Joseph-TP 

Hi again

thanks for your advise.

I searched web through past days to find out more about eazyMesh and I want to know is there any other ADSL modem router that supports easyMesh? except vx1800v.

(VDSL is not impotant to me at the time)

and is there any firmware update for Archer vr600 v3 (or similar models) to be campatible with easyMesh?

Best regards!

Arash

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Mr-Arash 

Hi

Currently, only VX1800v supports both ADSL and easymesh:
Easymesh compatibility

Options

Information

Helpful: 0