Deco BE65 teams dropping randomly

2024-08-21 20:35:22 - last edited 2024-08-21 21:38:25
Model: Deco BE65  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

Having issues with one client constantly having issues with teams which has only started occurring since I moved to deco. Mid call on teams the call will get interrupted for a good three seconds and get a poor quality message come up on the screen. This can happen anywhere from once to ten times over a full work day. 

Current setup - 

ISP modem > main deco > ethernet to satellite one 

Second satellite - 

Same as above but connected via switch

ISP modem > main deco > netgear switch > satellite 2

Said device having the issues is a laptop connected via WiFi and ive forced it to connect to satellite one only, to rule out issues with it connecting to other units. 

It has strong signal to the satellite and has very good upload and download speeds and has no other issues other than these random drops while using teams. 

Any help would be much appreciated as im started to get it in the neck from the wife. 

Not having any other issues with other devices on the network but this laptop is the only device on WiFi that uses teams regularly. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco BE65 teams dropping randomly
2024-08-22 06:51:55

@Brownie4420 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number or wireless adapter of the wireless laptop?

- Is it connected to the 6GHz or MLO network of BE65?

Did it help improve the Team call service if we set "High Priority" for this laptop?

Please also disable "Mesh Technology" for the laptop on the Deco APP.

Is there any chance that you could connect the laptop via an Ethernet cable to the nearby Deco to see whether a similar issue existed with the Ethernet connection?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-08-22 07:52:49

@David-TP Thanks for the warm welcome!

The laptop details below -

HP EliteBook 640 G9

Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz Driver Version (23.40.0.4)

Currently I have the MLO network disabled as I wasnt really using it and on the one device where I was I kept having issues with internet access. The laptop is currently set to Auto for its Wi-Fi band preference and seems to prefer always using 5GHz. QoS is already enabled and Mesh technology is also turned off from my own troubleshooting. I also have Beamforming and Fast Roaming currently disabled.

I will knock up a long ethernet cable to try and plug in direct to one of the Deco units tonight.

Options
2024-08-23 08:42:12

not had much chance to test using cable. I'm away on vacation for the next 7 days, but will test via cable on my return.

Options