Adding Wi-Fi camera disconnects wan port

3 weeks ago
Tags: #Network Connectivity #Wi-Fi camera
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

In two different locations the same phenomenon occurs: as soon as I add a new wifi camera (Ezviz in one location and Ring in another) the WAN light of the router (which connects it to a modem- (Vodafone in one location, TIM in the other) turns orange and the internet connection is interrupted in the entire underlying network.

The only solution (other than restarting the device) is to unplug and reconnect the cable on the WAN port.

I ask you what additional data I can provide to investigate this behavior (very boring since it requires a physical visit to the customer's premises) or if it is a known behaviour for anyone.

Thanks a lot!

BIanca

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding Wi-Fi camera disconnects wan port
3 weeks ago

@Suriglia 

Hi BIanca,

Usually connect end-devices will not affect the internet on the router.

You can connect the camera to other WIFI or hotspots and test. And you may also check if it needs to change some settings on the router.

Also, you can enable a guest network on the router and connect to the guest network as a try.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 54

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles