EasyMesh Ethernet Blackhaul on AX55 has lower Ethernet speed than wifi

2 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX55 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20240426 rel.31941(5553)

Hi,

I have two AX55 Pro routers, one acting as my main router and the other one as a satellite. Both have the 1.3.1 Build 20240426 rel.31941(5553) version that allows Ethernet blackhaul.

I have a couple of issues though.

My main router is connected to the ISP provider's modem through the 2.5 Gbps WAN/LAN connector. From this router I distribute Wifi and ethernet connection to a computer on the first floor, PS5, TV and to the other AX55 that's on the 2nd floor (set up as satellite on easymesh)

First problem: If I plug the ethernet cable coming from the main router to the 2.5 Gbps connecter on the satellite router, ethernet blackhaul doesn't work. It shows as wireless. So I have to connect it to a 1 Gbps connector, leaving my 2.5 Gbps useless.

2nd problem: Ethernet connections coming from the satellite are unstable, lose speed and have more ping than wifi connections. My home connection is 1Gbps and I'm getting speedtests for 900 Mbps - 1 Gbps on Wifi with less than 15-20 ms, whereas, I'm getting unstable speed on Ethernet with about 50 ms. My wifi on the 2nd floor is a lot more reliable than my ethernet.

What can the problem be?

Options
7 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Ethernet Blackhaul on AX55 has lower Ethernet speed than wifi
2 weeks ago

@Gorgypoo 

Hi,

I have sent you a firmware link, which can help solve the issue that the Ethernet backhaul does not work with the 2.5G port.

Please update for both main and satellite router.

And for second issue, please test with differnet Ethernet ports and Ethernet cables. 

If the issue still exists, please also provide with the speed test results and also the ping results.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago
I will do that and get back to you!
Options
a week ago
Hi, just realized you sent me the version for the AX55, but I have the Pro version.
Options
a week ago

@Gorgypoo 

Hi,

The beta firmware is for Archer AX55 Pro V1. 
Did you meet any issue while update the firmware?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago

@Sunshine The file in the download says it's for the regular AX55... I'll try, but it might be the wrong firmware.

Options
a week ago

@Sunshine how do I update the satellite router? It doesn't let me do it manually.

Options
a week ago

Gorgypoo wrote

@Sunshine how do I update the satellite router? It doesn't let me do it manually.

@Gorgypoo 

Hi,

May I confirm how do you find it is for Archer AX55 rather than AX55 Pro?

I double checked the link I provided, and it is the right one. You can send me a picture to show it.

And you can use the satellite router's IP to login to its webpage, and then update the firmware there.

If it cannot update this way, please reset the satellite one, then update the router and then reset and configure it again.

Options