Router hangs for eternity

2 weeks ago - last edited Saturday
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20240108 rel.42655(5553)

Hi, I have been using TP-LINK Archer AX50 for few years now. It used to work flawlessly except for heating like geyser (which I solved by having continuous air flow and good ventilation). Now this router is giving me headache. The router hangs and all the connected devices are disconnected. It broadcasts Wi-Fi's SSID but you can't connect it back. I tried checking the router by LAN cable but it doesn't works on that too. I tried checking if the router was even responsive or not by connecting USB Flash Drive but alas! (The USB LED was supposed to turn ON if the router was responsive and working).
All this can be resolved if I turn OFF and then ON the router (basically restarting) but it's too much of a headache for me since this happens for quite a few times in the day.
One more thing is if I won't reboot the router then it stays non responsive unconditionally.
I am so fed up from this, Kindly help me please!!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router hangs for eternity-Solution
a week ago - last edited Saturday

@AliTabish 

Hi, sorry to hear that.

If you are using the original power adapter of this router, I am afraid that the router got defective. You may confirm warranty with local retailer or support.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Router hangs for eternity
2 weeks ago

@AliTabish 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

For the disconnection issue, it is suggested to follow this troubleshooting guide.

Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S thanks, but none of the troubleshoting step works.

Options
Re:Router hangs for eternity-Solution
a week ago - last edited Saturday

@AliTabish 

Hi, sorry to hear that.

If you are using the original power adapter of this router, I am afraid that the router got defective. You may confirm warranty with local retailer or support.

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S everything is original. The router is out of warranty. It worked flawlessly but this started happening from last 2 months. Posted here if there's some software solution which I could do myself. AX series is not strong as compared to AC series...

Options
Saturday

@AliTabish 

Hi, I understand it what you said. But sorry, I am afraid there is no better solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 101

Replies: 5

Related Articles