Installation Woes

Installation Woes

Installation Woes
Installation Woes
2 weeks ago
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Unknown - Factory Default

I’ve had a working mesh network based on 3 Deco M9 Plus devices for 6 years. So I thought, why not upgrade to more up to date devices. A bit of research later, and I bought a Deco XE75 Pro 3-pack. Two months down the line, I’m beginning to despair.

OK so, I’ve managed to add one XE75 Pro to the network of 3 M9 Plus devices. I’ve even managed to switch to using the XE75 Pro as the Main device. And everything works. Which leaves the other two XE75 Pro devices.

Allegedly, powering up another device should result in it being found by the first. Within 2 minutes, so it is said. Doesn’t happen. What does happen is I get as far as the XE75 Pro displaying a flashing blue light. And that’s it. The Deco app on my iPhone throws all sorts of messages about can’t find network, unable to add deco, variations on these and others. Tried everything the TP-Link website and forums suggest. Several times over.

With this second XE75 Pro, there is one difference my iPhone now lists an unsecured wifi network that matches the SSID on the bottom of the device. Further investigation shows that each of the XE75 Pro devices has a different SSID. And herein lies where I think my problem is. Devices on a network should reference the same SSID. None of the XE75 Pro devices have the same SSID, and the SSID of my existing, and working network, is most certainly different, and secured.

So! Where do I go from here?

I’m patently missing something, and would very much appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Installation Woes
2 weeks ago

@retired_user 

Hi,

If the light is still blinking blue, and you can still see the Deco default WIFI, then it means the satellite Deco is not set up yet.

Please try to manually add the other Deco XE75 pro units as satellite Deco units.

How to add an additional unit to your Deco network

If it still cannot help, please reset the unit, and add it again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 73

Replies: 1

Related Articles