Archer C50 (EU) V6: Issues with Router Range & 5GHz WDS Disconnection

2 weeks ago
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.5 v0001.0 Build 230810 Rel.38522n(4555)

Hi everyone,

I’m running into a couple of issues with my Archer C50 (EU) V6 router which is currently using it as an extender of my primary router Airtel and was hoping for some advice. I’ve been comparing its performance with my old Archer C20, and here’s what I’m experiencing:

1. Router Range: My Archer C50 is installed about 3meter above the floor, and the 5GHz signal strength of Primary router (Airtel) on my mobile device shows as 3 out of 4 bars. Despite this decent signal strength, I’m finding that the network range doesn’t cover as much area as the 5GHz network from my old Archer C20 did. The signal range on my Archer C50 seems significantly weaker compared to my Archer C20. I’ve tested both routers in the same locations, and the C50’s 5GHz/2.4GHz network doesn’t reach as far as the C20’s did. Is there a known issue with the range on the C50, or are there settings I should adjust?

2. WDS Disconnection: I’m also seeing that the 5GHz WDS connection is frequently showing as ‘disconnected’. I’ve checked the settings, and everything appears to be configured correctly, but the connection drops regularly. I've also updated firmware.

Has anyone else had similar issues with the Archer C50 (EU) V6? Any tips or solutions would be really appreciated!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C50 (EU) V6: Issues with Router Range & 5GHz WDS Disconnection
2 weeks ago

@vivekranu1 

You can go through this article regarding placing you routers for optimal reception and performance.

Regarding WDS disconnections - it could be a result due to the above topic.

You can also set a static wireless channel on your main router 5GHz band and check if there's an improvement.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 83

Replies: 1

Related Articles