M3W not working in between two M4R Deco's

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Deco M4   Deco M3W  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20231228 Rel. 53314

My ISP recently changed our ethernet as 1 gigabit. I was able to get 500 download with Wi-Fi close to the Main Deco and 200-250 download with close to the second Deco. Decided to buy one Range Extender Deco (M3W) in between to get better results from the second Deco.

M3W is connecting to the app fine and I updated to the latest firmware but I lost both my beamforming and mesh connectivity settings. Saw from another post that if they were enabled before adding M3W, they should be still enabled but without the toggle options. But couldn't managed to connect any device to M3W. All of them connected to the Main Deco and speeds dropped dramatically after the M3W(Disabled Second Deco to test it out) beacuse the device I tried couldn't connect to M3W(120-150 down, before it was 200-250 down with Wi-Fi on Second Deco from the same place).

My question is, how do I make M3W work in between two M4 deco's? I want M3W be able to pick up the information from the main Deco and deliver it to the second Deco (Bunny-hop) and if possible connect some devices when I'm closer to M3W.

Is it possible with the beta frimware version of M3W ? Is there any possibility to make it work the way I want it to work?

Any help would be appreciated. 

M3W latest firmware: 1.0.6 Build 20201013 Rel. 22614

Options
6 Reply
Re:M3W not working in between two M4R Deco's
2 weeks ago
Can someone help me figure this out, pls?
Options
2 weeks ago

@StrangerIX Remove M3W from the network & set QoS to 1000 Mbps

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2 weeks ago

@ImtiazAli Those are already set.

Options
2 weeks ago

I want it to work exactly like this. It works like the bottom side but that's not what I want. I want to make it work like the top right side. My second Deco should pickup the M3W, not my main Deco as it's far away from it.

Options
2 weeks ago

@StrangerIX 

Hi,

The satellite Deco units will automatically choose the signal source. 

Deco intelligently selects the optimal signal source on its own, taking into consideration not only the signal strength but also the connection rate. The distance is not the only factor that affects. 

Please refer to this artical for more information.

Is the Signal Source for Satellite Decos Selectable on the Deco App?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine The problem is, even if the Deco selects the optimal connection, speeds drops by half and the position I set the M3W is the absolute max speed position it can get. There's no way Deco wants to drops it's speed dramatically just to work with another M4 Deco instead of the nearby M3W. I think M3W is not working the way it's supposed to. Even disabling my second Deco to just test M3W with it, nothing even connects to the device and instead tries to connect to the Main Deco with way slower connection rate.

That's why I wanted M3W work in between two M4 Deco's. To ensure that the "optimal" speed can work on each side. Using the M3W like a bridge.

I looked it up so much that I'm probably gonna give up my Deco setup.

Options