TP-Link Deco X50 over a power line w

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I have model M4R as a hub with other units in the house connected both by cable and wifi .  i'm trying to extend my mesh network to my cellar going over a power line adapter and then connecting a X50.   However, it does not seam to be connecting even with the main deco connected to an ethernet cable and power line adapter on the other end.  I was running the same power line to a TP-Link Router TL-WR902AC, which was working but I wanted to keep evething on the same mesh network to allow homekit and other apps to work together,

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Deco X50 over a power line w
2 weeks ago

@ljjebm 

Hi,

Powerline devices and TL-WR902AC cannot join Deco Mesh network.

Please refer to this artical for more information.

Frequently asked questions about TP-Link Home Mesh Wi-Fi

5. Can Deco work with other mesh systems?
No, TP-Link Deco can only form a mesh network with TP-Link Deco units.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options