Archer AX73 does not replicate main router in easymesh ethernet backhaul

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20240323 rel.70541

My main router is BE550 V1 firmware 1.0.11 Build 20240807 rel.25691(5347) and I have two Archer AX73 (version 1 and version 2) and 1 RE705X in easymesh setting.

I have one iphone 13 Pro Max which does not support 160 Mhz in the 5Ghz wifi. For Archer AX73 v2.0 firmware 1.1.0 Build 20240323 rel.70541 when connecting wireless in easymesh, the router could replicate the the main router where I set the 5 Ghz at main router BE550 for 5 Ghz network with Channel width of 20/40/80 Mhz and channel at 149.

However when I connect the Archer AX73 V2.0 above using wired LAN connection (ethernet backhaul), the router will operate at 160 Mhz channel width and channel at 40 which is different from the main router BE550 settings. So My iphone could not find the 5 Ghz network. I do not have problem with the other Archer AX73 v1.0 (this router could replicate the main router BE550 setting and operates at 80Mhz Channel width and at channel 149, which is the same with the main router via ethernet backhaul/ wired LAN). The RE705X is connected wireless in easy mesh.

I have tried many times to reset the Archer AX73 V2 and tried to downgrade the firmware (not allowed to downgrade) but all were fail. Please advice what should I do to make it work. Thanks.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Archer AX73 does not replicate main router in easymesh ethernet backhaul-Solution

@Marvin_S 

Yes I use Wifi Analyzer that can show the frequencies. The Archer X75 V2 if in ethernet backhaul (LAN wired) it operates at 160 Mhz channel width (the main router is set at 80 Mhz cahnnel width). I guess the 160 Mhz channel width is the default frquencies from the firmware. If I use wireless connection (wifi), the same router operates at 80 Mhz following the setting at Main router BE550.

Of course if the router operates at 160 Mhz channel width will give higher speed but some devices like my iphone and my personal computer can not recognize the 160 Mhz channel width frequencies. I think it will be nice if we could decide the frequencies to choose following the setting at Main router.

Surprisingly this problem does not happen to my other Archer AX75 V1 (the firmware is 1.3.6 build 20240325 Rel. 39241). This router still operates at 80 Mhz in easymesh configuration.

I do not have the pictures at this moment. Will upload the pictures later. Thanks for your kind advices.

Wireless connection at Archer AX73 V2 (no ethernet backhaul). The router operates at 80 Mhz. My iphone can recognize this 5 Ghz network.

Wired coonection at Archer AX73 V2 (with ethernet backhaul). The router operates at 160 Mhz.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer AX73 does not replicate main router in easymesh ethernet backhaul-Solution

@Pang_Suryadi 

Hi, to assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 does not replicate main router in easymesh ethernet backhaul
a week ago

@Pang_Suryadi 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

May I confirm how you know Archer AX73 V2 operates at 160 Mhz channel width and channel at 40 when it is connected to main router via Ethernet cable?

Did you use any WiFi Scanner software and what is it? You may share screenshots of the related results (also including the wireless connection for a comparison).

Options

@Marvin_S 

Yes I use Wifi Analyzer that can show the frequencies. The Archer X75 V2 if in ethernet backhaul (LAN wired) it operates at 160 Mhz channel width (the main router is set at 80 Mhz cahnnel width). I guess the 160 Mhz channel width is the default frquencies from the firmware. If I use wireless connection (wifi), the same router operates at 80 Mhz following the setting at Main router BE550.

Of course if the router operates at 160 Mhz channel width will give higher speed but some devices like my iphone and my personal computer can not recognize the 160 Mhz channel width frequencies. I think it will be nice if we could decide the frequencies to choose following the setting at Main router.

Surprisingly this problem does not happen to my other Archer AX75 V1 (the firmware is 1.3.6 build 20240325 Rel. 39241). This router still operates at 80 Mhz in easymesh configuration.

I do not have the pictures at this moment. Will upload the pictures later. Thanks for your kind advices.

Wireless connection at Archer AX73 V2 (no ethernet backhaul). The router operates at 80 Mhz. My iphone can recognize this 5 Ghz network.

Wired coonection at Archer AX73 V2 (with ethernet backhaul). The router operates at 160 Mhz.

Recommended Solution
Options

@Pang_Suryadi 

Hi, to assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer AX73 does not replicate main router in easymesh ethernet backhaul
a week ago

@Marvin_S 

Thanks for your kind assistances.

I have replied to the email from Tp-Link Support.

Options