Wired Printer dropouts or not discoverable - Deco DSL AX3000 Router (says X50-DSL on the app)

Wired Printer dropouts or not discoverable - Deco DSL AX3000 Router (says X50-DSL on the app)

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco X50-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.04

I have an old HP 1320n Printer and a Lexmark CS727 Printer. Both were connected to an old router previously via ethernet and I had no problems adding them manually on devices using their IP addresses. On the new DECO, while it will find the Lexmark, it comes up with an error after a couple of hours sometimes and then I have to remove the printer and re-add it. The HP printer is no longer discoverable at all.

They are both connected directly to the router, while the pc's are connected via ethernet through a Netwgear GS108 Switch.

What's the issue? I had assumed this would be effectively plug and play as the old device was?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wired Printer dropouts or not discoverable - Deco DSL AX3000 Router (says X50-DSL on the app)
a week ago

@Logic2002 

welcome to the community.

Have you configured static IP addresses on the two printers?

"On the new DECO, while it will find the Lexmark, it comes up with an error after a couple of hours sometimes and then I have to remove the printer and re-add it."

What kind of error message you could get from the printer? Can I have a screenshot of the error message?

Did it make any difference if we move these two printers to Netgear GS108 Switch?

By the way, even though these two printers are not discoverable, are they still linked to the internet? And can you find these two devices on the "Online List" of Deco APP?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 44

Replies: 1

Related Articles