ARCHER AX55 AX3000 + TP-LINK Range Extender RE605X

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: RE605X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello forum,

I have router AX55 AX3000, as I understand it is mesh compatible. IF I buy RE605X extender mesh supported, and plug it to the wall, but I have super low wifi signal, also I have LAN outlet on the wall which is connected to router, so if I connect that LAN cable to RE605X and repeat wifi signal from cable, but not wireless, will all mesh system work properly?

Tried calling TPLINK support center but no one is answering :D Please help, dont want to risk buying extender if it will not work taking signal from cable as IT would thru wireless.

Eligijus

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ARCHER AX55 AX3000 + TP-LINK Range Extender RE605X-Solution

@Eligijus92 

If you use an ethernet cable you should put RE605X in AP mode - it doesn't support mesh ethernet backhaul.

RE315v1 supports this feature - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:ARCHER AX55 AX3000 + TP-LINK Range Extender RE605X-Solution

@Eligijus92 

If you use an ethernet cable you should put RE605X in AP mode - it doesn't support mesh ethernet backhaul.

RE315v1 supports this feature - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ARCHER AX55 AX3000 + TP-LINK Range Extender RE605X

@terziyski 

So if I understood correctly this extender will take ethernet signal from wall LAN outlet and make it same SSID meshed wifi in that area?

I want to be sure if it will not create additional wireless SSID for me, and later I have to recconect to better signal SSID, I want to keep same SSID and not to recconect anywhere else just to have same wireless name at my second floor as first floor, and repeat all signal not from wifi but from LAN outlet upstairs.

Attached picture, which as I believe says it will not mesh my wifi just will create additional acces points when I repeater signal from LAN, and then I have to recconect manually all the time to that specific accespoint going upstairs?

If this extender is doing that please confirm again, and im going straight to shop laugh

So this option taking signal from cable and repeating as wifi is called ethernet backhaul?

Best Regards,

Eligijus

Options
Re:ARCHER AX55 AX3000 + TP-LINK Range Extender RE605X

@Eligijus92 

Thats correct. RE315v1 as well as AX55 support Easymesh with an ethernet backhaul which will allow you to have a mesh network with the same SSID throughout your premisses - details. They both should be connected with an ethernet cable to build an Easymesh with an ethernet backhaul.

In fact you can use any other wireless router that supports Easymesh with ethernet backhaul to achieve the same - details.

To benefit from the seamless roaming your wireless devices should support 802.11k/v protocols as well - details.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 144

Replies: 3

Related Articles