Mesh with Nokia Router?

Mesh with Nokia Router?
Mesh with Nokia Router?
a week ago
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.8 Build 20240719 Rel. 70981

Probably a stupid question....

My network of 3x Deco M5 is not quite enough to cover my whole house, due to thick walls.  I have the main M5 in AP mode, connected via a Nokia 'Beacon 6' that was supplied with the fibre modem. I guess I could connect the Deco directly to the modem, but it seems a waste to discard the Nokia router, which is new, powerful and mesh capable.  Can I get them to play nicely together and use the same SSID?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Mesh with Nokia Router?
a week ago

@Lotsmorewine You can afaik

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:Mesh with Nokia Router?
a week ago

Hi  @Lotsmorewine  ,

Yes, Deco system can work with Nokia router.

You can set up the same SSID for both devices, but the Nokia router cannot join the Deco Mesh.

If you would like to use the Mesh WIFI in your home, you can also add more Deco unit into the current Deco network.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options