"Intermittent Client Disconnections on TP-Link Deco M9: Connection Restores When App is Opened"

"Intermittent Client Disconnections on TP-Link Deco M9: Connection Restores When App is Opened"

Friday
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.4 Build 20240718 Rel.76925

I am using the TP-Link Deco M9 in router mode. The connection to clients connected to the router periodically gets disconnected. However, when I open the Deco app, the connection gets restored. What could be the cause of this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:"Intermittent Client Disconnections on TP-Link Deco M9: Connection Restores When App is Opened"
Saturday

@mano_shu 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know how long you have had the Deco M9 Plus? Did the disconnection issue start recently?

I don't think the Deco APP might be related to the disconnection issue but there was similar feedback a few days ago with a different mode:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/701000

Are you able to restore the internet connection almost every time when you open the Deco app?

What are the model numbers of the devices that frequently dropped out?

Please also disable "Fast roaming" and "Beamforming" to see whether it made any difference to the network stability.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options