Different WiFi SSID on Tether App and Router Configuration Page

Sunday - last edited Monday
Model: Archer AX12  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.74702n(5553)

Hello everyone!

I'm new into using separate router for our internet connection and this is my first time.

After the tech configure my router to connect on the building's internet, I noticed that on the configuration page of my router (192.168.0.1) on the Wireless section, a different Network Name (SSID) was indicated there. Which is vastly different from the Tether app.

For example, on the configuration page, on 2.4 GHz's Network Name (SSID) is TRexDinosaur.  But on the Tether app, it says, FlyingGargoyle. Also, the password is different.

Same on 5 GHz setting.

Take note that even though I am connected to the internet with this router, the name that appears on my laptop and other devices is FlyingGargoyle, not TRexDinosaur.

I am so confused why is this different. I plan on changing the name and password but I am in bind as to where to change it: whether the configuration page or on the Tether app.

I was thinking to change it through the configuration page because I can hide the router in broadcasting my SSID, which is not available in the Tether app, but afraid that if I change it, other users of the internet in this building might be affected.

Help a newbie one out.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Different WiFi SSID on Tether App and Router Configuration Page-Solution

@Zzzzz-0_0 

Hi,

Are you sure the IP address 192.168.0.1 is the LAN IP address of your router and not perhaps another router further upstream?

I suggest you log into the router with the SSID FlyingGargoyle using the Tether app and then verify this router's LAN IP address.

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Different WiFi SSID on Tether App and Router Configuration Page-Solution

@Zzzzz-0_0 

Hi,

Are you sure the IP address 192.168.0.1 is the LAN IP address of your router and not perhaps another router further upstream?

I suggest you log into the router with the SSID FlyingGargoyle using the Tether app and then verify this router's LAN IP address.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Different WiFi SSID on Tether App and Router Configuration Page
Monday

@woozle I didn't know this is how it works. Thanks a lot!

You save me from all the troubles I might chance upon.

Can I ask why its not the 192.168.0.1 instead? I'm afraid this is new territory to me.

Options
Monday

Not working net

Zzzzz-0_0 wrote

Hello everyone!

I'm new into using separate router for our internet connection and this is my first time.

After the tech configure my router to connect on the building's internet, I noticed that on the configuration page of my router (192.168.0.1) on the Wireless section, a different Network Name (SSID) was indicated there. Which is vastly different from the Tether app.

For example, on the configuration page, on 2.4 GHz's Network Name (SSID) is TRexDinosaur.  But on the Tether app, it says, FlyingGargoyle. Also, the password is different.

Same on 5 GHz setting.

Take note that even though I am connected to the internet with this router, the name that appears on my laptop and other devices is FlyingGargoyle, not TRexDinosaur.

I am so confused why is this different. I plan on changing the name and password but I am in bind as to where to change it: whether the configuration page or on the Tether app.

I was thinking to change it through the configuration page because I can hide the router in broadcasting my SSID, which is not available in the Tether app, but afraid that if I change it, other users of the internet in this building might be affected.

Help a newbie one out.

@Zzzzz-0_0 

Options
Monday
Options
Monday

TP-Link_1F52

Options
Monday
TP-Link_1F52
Options
Monday
Wifi not working
Options
Monday
Kya kre boliye
Options
Monday
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/702516?replyId=1413990
Options
Monday

@Zzzzz-0_0 

If a TP-Link router detects that the network connected to its WAN (Internet) port uses the subnet 192.168.0.x, then it will automatically change its own LAN IP address to another subnet (usually 192.168.1.x), because the subnet of the WAN and the LAN must be different for the network to function.

Anyway, if your Archer AX12 is connected to another router that uses 192.168.0.1, then the AX12 cannot use 192.168.0.1 as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 128

Replies: 10

Related Articles