Here we go again - AX55 V1 unreliable - connection drops, unresponsive nightmare

Here we go again - AX55 V1 unreliable - connection drops, unresponsive nightmare

21 hours ago - last edited 21 hours ago
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.3 Build 20240628 rel.37017(4555)

Hi there,

Today I woke up and just before leaving home to office I noticed that home network is kinda dead... 

I did not have time to check, I restarted some routers along the way out as my wife stays at home and works from home..

during the day I had nonstop calls that network is not working.

I tried to restart everything using tether ... but it was kicking me out latest in 30s of stable connection saying something like connection lost .. 

I checked that there is new FW on local tplink site for AX55 V1 available since today .. and guess what .. auto update on

Im at home now, spent 3hrs unplugging everything .. reloading recovering .. nothing works .. it is a Brick, not router 

my configuration is AX55 as main router and 3 satelites AX23 (1.1.0 Build 20230725 Rel. 56344).. I was checking just recently that latest beta works, but I was probably tricked or I dont know .. after todays update satelites just flashing red light .. I disconnected first all cables between routers ensure eth. backhaul is not at use .. rebooted, problem persisted.

I turned off all satelites, I can sort of use main router now to connect to internet, but I can not upload any backup of old firmware .. it does not let me .. times out all the time and stays still on this sh*ty FW 1.3.3 Build 20240628 rel.37017(4555)

Anybody else noticed something similar? 

What would you do? 

Note that before everything worked .. correct me if Im wrong, but that would be a huge coincidence my device drops dead just on a new FW rollout day ... actually update time is 3 AM which coresponds with waking up to stone age ..

Options
1 Reply
Re:Here we go again - AX55 V1 unreliable - connection drops, unresponsive nightmare
14 hours ago

@Czmazel 

What I would do is to turn off AX55 auto update so won't be surprised the same way in the future.

You can go back to a previous FW release for AX55 - " Note: This firmware cannot be degraded to the previous version."

Reset AX23s to its factory defaults and add them back into the Easymesh, then test.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options