Archer AX55 Pro (v1) has become unreliable

Friday - last edited Friday
Model: Archer AX55 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20240426 rel.31941(4555)

I purchased the AX55 Pro almost exactly a year ago and I've been very happy with it. (It was an upgrade from another Archer model and exclusively use TP-Link network devices in One Mesh mode.)

Recently, however, I've been experiencing outages on a weekly basis. The pattern is very much that I go to sleep with everything working fine but then wake up several hours later to find that the network is still visible but with no internet service. (There is nothing to indicate any issues with my cable router.) The only fix is to restart the AX55 Pro. Everything then works OK again only for it to happen again within a matter of days/ a week.

This could be a hardware fault of course but I can't help feeling that these issues started after applying the v1.3.1 update in July.

To clarify my network:

Ground floor: Virgin Media Hub 5 cable router in modem mode > Archer AX55 Pro v1 > TL-WPA8631P Kit v4

First floor: RE705X Range Extender v1

Basement: TL-WPA8631P v4

Out-building: TL-WPA8631P v4

I've set my router to automatically reboot itself once a month. I manually reboot the other devices with the same frequency.

Please can you advise what can be done to fix this problem.

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX55 Pro (v1) has become unreliable
Friday

@tintin_uk 

Hi,

You can change the DNS settings on the Archer AX55 Pro.

And please also use a wired device to test if the internet from the Virgin Media Hub 5 is stable or not.

If the issue still exists, please also check the Internet light on the AX55 Pro, is it green or red?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Friday
Thanks for the quick reply. To be clear, I already use the DNS settings for Coudflare (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1.) Again, I've had this set consistently over the last year but the issue has only been over the last couple of months. The cable router does have a visual indication if there are issues (effectively a green light) and each time I've lost internet, this hasn't changed. However, I will check the connection next time. Admittedly, I've not paid attention to the lights on the router but again I will check this next time.
Options
Saturday

@tintin_uk 

Hi,

Thanks for your information.

In addition to check the lights, please also test the stability of the front end. You can refer to the troubleshooting steps here first.

Troubleshooting: Unstable connection on the TP-Link router

If all the advise above cannot help, please contact the local support team with the results with the troubleshooting steps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options