WDN4800 won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WDN4800 won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WDN4800 won't connect
WDN4800 won't connect
2015-07-16 16:28:38
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Eircom

Hi,
I built a new PC last night and the wireless card I chose was the tplink wdn4800, I installed it in a pci-e slot and when I booted up the computer everything seemed fine. When I got to the desktop and went to connect to my wifi I noticed that the card was only picking up the 2.4ghz band. I attempted to connect to the network but would only connect as a limited connection. I was unable to ping or access the default gateway on this connection. I put the latest drivers on a flash drive and installed them in case that was the problem but I was still only picking up the 2.4ghz band and I was still unable to connect to it properly.
I then installed the tp-link configuration utility but this did not pick up the 5ghz or connect to the 2.4ghz properly either. I have rebooted the computer and modem many times and have uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers and utilities.
specs: amd fx 6300 cpu
asus m5a78-l motherboard
msi r9 270 gpu
1tb seagate hdd
windows 8.1 ultimate
eircom f200 modem

What should I do?
Options
2 Reply
Re:WDN4800 won't connect
2015-07-16 19:32:13
Hi,

What driver version do you have?
Options
Fixed
2015-07-17 16:39:55
Hi,

I figured out the problem, it was something about the range, when I moved the pc closer to the router it started functioning properly

Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 519

Replies: 2

Related Articles