Password not recognised

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Password not recognised

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Password not recognised
Password not recognised
2015-11-11 20:49:37
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Earlier today I tried a firmware upgrade to our TL-WDR3600. Not sure what happened, but when it rebooted it had lost all of its configuration. I was able ot log in with default user/pw and uploaded the backup config file I had made just before upgrading.

After a couple of reboots the router is working again and must have the configuration loaded, but it does not allow me to log in with the password I had set (or the default one).

Any ideas? I think the previous firmware may have been ~2103 and I upgraded to the latest available ( http://uk.tp-link.com/res/down/soft/TL-WDR3600_V1_150518.zip)
Options
2 Reply
Re:Password not recognised
2017-10-24 22:29:53
Same issue here. Talk to tech support no real answers. Would love some feedback on someone who has fixed this.
Options
Re:Password not recognised
2017-10-25 09:15:54
After a firmware update, all the settings will goes to factory default , and some old config file may not suggest to import.
Better to reconfigure instead of backup after a firmware update
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 2

Related Articles