Password not recognised

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Password not recognised

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Password not recognised
Password not recognised
2015-11-11 20:50:08
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Earlier today I tried a firmware upgrade to our TL-WDR3600. Not sure what happened, but when it rebooted it had lost all of its configuration. I was able ot log in with default user/pw and uploaded the backup config file I had made just before upgrading.

After a couple of reboots the router is working again and must have the configuration loaded, but it does not allow me to log in with the password I had set (or the default one).

Any ideas? I think the previous firmware may have been ~2103 and I upgraded to the latest available ( http://uk.tp-link.com/res/down/soft/TL-WDR3600_V1_150518.zip)
Options
1 Reply
Re:Password not recognised
2016-01-18 14:53:12
Same thing here. I upgraded the firmware, because our company got a call from our ISP that we might have malware on our router. Apparently the stock firmware is vulnerable to attacks.
Since we have quite a few settings on the router for our printers and security system I took a backup so I could restore the setting after upgrading. After the reflash and settings restore, everything is working ok, but I can't access the router. Afterwards our ISP said they highly recommended doing a full reset and not restoring the previous backup, because of the malware. This wouldn't be a problem if I could just check what the settings are and then do a full reset. I haven't set up the printer and security myself so I have no idea what those settings are.

Help needed.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 302

Replies: 1

Related Articles