TL-WR941HP Facing a weird problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-04 15:36:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I have been using this router for about 3 months and it worked fine. But since last week I am getting the WAN light as orange color. So I thought my Internet was down. I contacted my ISP (Internet Service Provider) and they confirmed that internet is okay. For checking, then I tried another router TL-WR841HP with my internet connection (configuring static IP) and it worked fine. Then I took my router to my friend's place (who use the same ISP), and configured the router with valid static IP and it worked!! Then I took my friend's router (netgear) to my place and tried configuring it with my connection and the Netgear router was working smoothly. So the problem is My router TL-WR941HP works perfectly okay everywhere except with my internet connection. And I tried some other routers with my internet connection and found that all works fine. So, My internet connection is okay too. But, whenever I try to configure my router with my internet connection they don't work. The WAN light is orange after configuring the router (Static IP). My internet connection is okay, it seems router is also okay. but they dont work together. I tried resetting the router even resetting firmware. My device model is TL-WR941HP(UN) Ver:1.0. I used the following firmware : wr941hpv1_en-up-ver3-16-9-P1[20160330-rel58145].bin. The problem is still there and my router still works fine elsewhere but doesn't work with my internet connection. Is there any reason why its happening?
File:
IMG-20170529-WA0000.jpgDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR941HP Facing a weird problem
2017-07-21 17:07:52
when internet is not working,can you ping 8.8.8.8? if you do, then you can try manually dns.(DHCP--dhcp settings--primary dns server 8.8.8.8 and secondary dns server 8.8.4.4)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 611

Replies: 1

Related Articles