Feature Requests

To improve our products, please post your suggestion and ideas here.
Feature Requests

Tags

Label

Votes
Hello to everyone, the tapo app is great but right now we are missing a very important feauture. Away mode can not be automated, this is one of the most basic reason for someone to buy a smart device
Smart ActionsAway Mode
13Views
0Replies

Votes
So we have 2 modes: home and away, that can change all at once all cameras. What if I need a new mode, like "sleeping" when cameras downstairs need to be on detecting mode. Home mode - outside cameras
Smart ActionsAway Mode
By dutchsnowden · Latest post Yesterday by KeithH101
1379Views
15Replies

Votes
I would like to request a feature enhancement for the Tapo doorbell that would be highly useful for many users. The idea is to introduce an ‘Away’ mode, where the doorbell can play a pre-recorded mess
Smart ActionsAway Mode
By iamitp
30Views
0Replies

Votes
Let us please toggle Home and Away modes using Shortcuts and thereby Alexa, it isn't very pleasant to always head into the app and navigate into camera settings just to change modes.
Smart ActionsAway Mode
By LeonWasTaken · Latest post a week ago by Andreas_89
3957Views
36Replies

Votes
Hi everyone. I've seen in the "Cameras" view of the app that you can set Away mode or Home mode. It would be awesome to let the user create their own modes and also why not automatic an automatic sche
Motion DetectionAway ModeDetection mode
By ealwolf · Latest post 2 weeks ago by ealwolf
138Views
4Replies

Votes
Tapo App Away mode. There is a problem / deficiency on the iOS version where the Away settings for a device can be set but if the Away mode isn't activated these settings aren't remembered - leaving t
Smart ActionsAway Mode
By Light_Bob · Latest post 2024-07-26 14:07:13 by kmolson19
729Views
4Replies

Votes
Hi, How can I automatically switch from Home to Away mode? It can be by automation trigger using location or even a simple schedule in the app where I can input the times I want the cameras in Home mo
Smart ActionsAway ModeSchedule
By rodzramalho · Latest post 2024-06-09 17:59:35 by Grcat
229Views
3Replies

Votes
The Tapo ecosystem is excellent in terms of price and reliability, especially compared to Tuya/SmartLife sensors that I've had issues with in the past. However, setting up Tapo as an alarm system requ
Motion Detection Smart ActionsAway ModeDevice Sharing
By tp-turbo · Latest post 2024-06-02 09:14:25 by Manu35150
668Views
5Replies

Votes
Please let us enable Home and Away mode via secure API. Many use want to automatically trigger home/away mode when they leave or arrive home. As discussed in other threads, there is a security risk wi
Smart ActionsThird-party IntergationsAway Mode
By Joroho · Latest post 2024-06-02 09:11:07 by Manu35150
260Views
1Replies

Votes
Geofencing
Please consider adding geofencing. To be able to arm camera sirens and hub sirens when the Hub sees that the last person with the Tapo app has exited the premises would be good. The Hub can disarm whe
Away Mode Smart ActionsHome Mode
By SteveWex · Latest post 2024-05-15 07:50:07 by JackSi
3598Views
8Replies