IFTTT & Stringify supported now!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IFTTT & Stringify supported now!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
24 Reply
Re:IFTTT & Stringify supported now!
2019-02-15 17:47:14

It would be great to receive a push notification wether the plug is turned on or off. Specially if I’m programming a range of time, I’d like to know when it starts working and turns off 

Options
2020-06-26 23:07:00

@TP-Link Smart  

TP-Link Smart wrote 

Kindly note that using Kasa devices as triggers is not currently not accessible, but we will add the support of this function later.

By "later" do you mean after I'm dead?   It's been nearly 3 years and still no IFTTT triggers.  I never would have invested in Kasa devices had I known you didn't fully support IFTTT.

Options
2020-07-16 07:25:24 - last edited 2020-07-16 07:26:18

@S-PT 

Hello Support, I have to agree here.  I actually moved to Kasa, from WeMo, as other people said it worked and played well with IFTTT and WeMo support was hopeless.

I was dissapointed to find that I can barely do anything with IFTTT and the smart plugs, as they cannot be used as a trigger.

The energy monitoring is OK, however i was also used to being able to set a threshold for "Standby" and monitor how many hours the devices was "Running" as opposed to the smart switch simply being turned On.  WeMo would also give me daily and monthly running costs as I could enter the $/kWh into the device.

I am wondering if I went from a mostly functional & highly developed interface, to a functional yet limited device.  If the Kasa app and devices supported their own triggers & functions this would be OK with me as well, however there aren't any for the smart plugs.  The pages just say, "We're in the process of deploying Smare Actions across the Kasa ecosystem..."  I am starting to wonder how long this has been the case and when we can expect some smarts here.

I like the fact that what is built into to Kasa just works, and seems to work quickly and reliably.

Could you please advise some development goals and targeted dates.  Otherwise I might persist and trying to find yet another alternative, or maybe I have to build my own.  Strange that the home automation devices like this seem to be developing at a snails pace.  I thought it was a hot topic with companies viaing to be the user choice.

Options
2020-08-07 05:44:03

@TP-Link Smart  

Hi,

I'd like to get a triger when the power turn on (or off) of HS105 via IFTTT service.
Do you have a plan that you prepare such service in TFTTT/kasa ?

Thanks,

Options
Related Articles