IFTTT Services Have Stopped Functioning

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-22 22:56:54 - last edited 2021-12-30 01:09:46
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.11

All IFTTT Services, Actions and Widgets have stopped working with Kasa, and this afternoon all Kasa'a Smart Actions stopped working too. The Smart Actions are back working now but the IFTTT service link to Kasa is still failing. Earlier IFTTT was receieving a gateway error from Kasa when trying to registerwith it. That is not happening now, but when reconnecting an existing Action, Devices are no longer listed. Unregistering the Kasa service on IFTTT and reconnecting takes you sucessfully through the registration process but still fails to show any Devices. Unarchiving previously functioning applets shows no devices availbe and fails to connect.

What is going on Kasa???

Az 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:IFTTT Services Have Stopped Functioning-Solution
2021-12-26 11:14:33 - last edited 2021-12-30 01:09:46

Hello @AZZme 

If IFTTT does not find any kasa device after you relink kasa account in IFTTT

1. Please double-check the TPLINK/ email address on Kasa app. Make sure to use the same email account when set up through IFTTT:

How to make my Kasa devices work with IFTTT?

Can I know the Mac address of that kasa device, your TP-Link ID(email address), and the error or how it looks like on IFTTT app/ website after you relink kasa? 

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:IFTTT Services Have Stopped Functioning
2021-12-23 01:01:30

Hello @AZZme 

Thank you for your feedback, when checking the device status under your email account, the camera seems to be Offline, please firstly check:

1. Can you control the device locally (same network) from the Kasa app

2. Can you control the device remotely (LTE or different network) from the Kasa App

3. Confirm Camera Led is Solid Green 

If you can't control a smart device remotely, try to :

- try to reboot camera

- try to restart router

- if you could control locally, but not remotely, change router DNS to 8.8.8.8, save and reboot router. 

- you may factory reset camera and reinstall it on Kasa app. How to reset my Tapo camera 

Options
2021-12-24 23:35:46

@Solla-topee the cameras are all on line and controllable remotely and locally. But none of the cameras or switches I have are registering anymore on IFTTT. They've been worked for many months if not years with IFTTT and now nothing is functioning with that system. What's going on?

Options
Re:IFTTT Services Have Stopped Functioning-Solution
2021-12-26 11:14:33 - last edited 2021-12-30 01:09:46

Hello @AZZme 

If IFTTT does not find any kasa device after you relink kasa account in IFTTT

1. Please double-check the TPLINK/ email address on Kasa app. Make sure to use the same email account when set up through IFTTT:

How to make my Kasa devices work with IFTTT?

Can I know the Mac address of that kasa device, your TP-Link ID(email address), and the error or how it looks like on IFTTT app/ website after you relink kasa? 

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-12-27 00:17:00

@Solla-topee 

email a_regini@kingbridge.co.uk

I have multiple switches and cameras

MAC addresses of one is...

74DA88CDFD63

another attached below and result when trying to set up a device in IFTTT. These are all devices that have been functioning with IFTTT for long time.

Options
2021-12-27 12:21:12

Hello @AZZme 

Thank you for the Mac address and TPLINK ID, that is really helpful, your camera is connected different TP-link ID. 

Do you have multiple email addresss/ TPLink ID, I will share you some details via PM. 

You could detect the TPLINKID and MAC address now in  your last thread now. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1008

Replies: 5

Related Articles