Smart Plug linked to multiple accounts??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-03 21:05:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

Quite new to all this, but kind of surprised if multiple accounts for one plug isn't possible?

Recently purchased a HS-100 plug and set it up via the Kasa app - everything has been fine for a couple of days, and now we have tried to get my girlfriend connected to it - this is where the problem arises...

She has installed the Kasa app and created her own account using her own email address. When she proceeds to link to the plug she instead wipes my account from it, and there doesn't seem to be a way for us to both have separate accounts connected to it.

Seems odd that there isn't a way for us to both be logged in to our own accounts and manage the plug via the app, or for one of us to be acting as an admin and the other as a guest with usage rights??? Or I'm missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
Options
6 Reply
Re:Smart Plug linked to multiple accounts??
2017-12-03 21:44:51
Nope. One account only. This is documented in Kasa Help.You could create a shared "Kasa" account that you can both use. "Oursharedkasaaccount@gmail.com" or the like...
Options
2017-12-03 22:50:30

Cdbma wrote

Nope. One account only. This is documented in Kasa Help.You could create a shared "Kasa" account that you can both use. "Oursharedkasaaccount@gmail.com" or the like...

Aaah fair enough, thanks for the help!
Options
Re:Re:Smart Plug linked to multiple accounts??
2018-12-31 17:43:40

This is very inconvenient we have several wifi switches and plugs at our church. Several of the staff also have devices at home. We need a way to share devices to multiple accounts. Loggin off and on of accounts is very cumbersome especially when we need control quickly. 

Please consider adding this option. 

Thanks 

Options
2020-02-02 00:27:23

@DCLawrence_UK - not really "fair enough". Bit of a major flaw I would say. And 3 years on it isn't addressed. 

Options
2020-02-02 13:58:44
If it's critical you can use my app (AutomationManager) running as a server at the location you want to share with multiple people. Setup a dedicated google account (it's free) to host remote access for that server location. Users then install AutomationManager (you can use family licensing) and use the remote capability to control the devices, or they use a web browser to reach a common page to control them. Remove or add users using the "sharing" capability in google drive for the AM location.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2020-08-29 18:20:30

Wow...

what a terrible limitation

I live in a share house

this is stupid

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4833

Replies: 6

Related Articles