NC450 camera please upgrade firmware to send interval email to 1 or 2 seconds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-04 19:08:30
Model :

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : NC450_1.3.4_Build_171130_Rel.ECC739

ISP :

I have this camera 20 days I like the hardware and software but there is one important limitation.
The Sending Interval email to send picture is at minimum settings on 20s seconds, this gives enough time to the thief to access disconnect the camera and remove the sdcard from the camera, where this is the only medium that has recorder the thief, since the first email captures the sound or the first move, is just the opening of the door, which is under the camera.
Additionally it would be fine if it can send a small part of the video during every 3 seconds giving more efficient image of the thief.
If it is this option heavy for your cloud server give at least this possibility for only email or FTP.
I hope in the new firmware will add some of these very important functions.

Pay attention since I am Linux Mint user the recording option (icon) is missing from both Chrome and Firefox.
Options
2 Reply
Re:NC450 camera please upgrade firmware to send interval email to 1 or 2 seconds
2018-03-05 16:52:41
I think what you really mean is that the camera send email ASAP there is an alert. It's different from sending interval email. The moment the cam detects movement, it will send alert, may be a few seconds delay. If the movement continues, it will send alerts every 20s or minute depended on what you set.
Options
Re:NC450 camera please upgrade firmware to send interval email to 1 or 2 seconds
2018-03-06 00:16:21

uutommi wrote

I think what you really mean is that the camera send email ASAP there is an alert. It's different from sending interval email. The moment the cam detects movement, it will send alert, may be a few seconds delay. If the movement continues, it will send alerts every 20s or minute depended on what you set.

I think it is very clear what I mean, 20 seconds are very long time for a thief to neutralize the camera. If the detection and sending of the pictures for example is every second, at least some pictures with the intruder will be register and send by email, now it registers the door that opens and then bye camera together with the sdcard inside.
The camera is good the software needs improvements.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 2