Can't connect smart bulb to different wireless access point on same network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-05 01:42:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,I have one network at home, with 3 different wireless access points (WAPs), these are House, GamesRoom and Outside.I have Alexa connected to my house WAP and I want to control a bulb next to my Outside WAP.When I try to set it up it just fails, says the wireless password is incorrect and I know it is right.If I connect it to the House WAP all is ok. My problem is the bulb can only just see the House network as it is quite a distance away.Is it supported to connect a smart bulb to a different WAP to the one your Alexa is sonnected to, even when these WAPs are on the same local network?Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't connect smart bulb to different wireless access point on same network
2018-03-05 14:48:35
It's OK to connect a smart bulb to a different WAP to the one Alexa is connected to. What's the security type of your Outside WAP? Only WEP and WPA-PSK password are supported. And you may forget the Outside WAP on your phone or other device, reconnect, enter its Wi-Fi password to see what happen
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 826

Replies: 1