all smartbulbs lost after power cut

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-12 06:13:44
Model :

LB110

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : latest

ISP :

Hi,

i have a huge problem, I operate smart bulbs on remote sites and today i had 6 hours of power outage and now i lost all my smart bulbs.
Is there any way to bring them back on? I can not reach with KASA app?

Please help and tell me this wont happen again.

This is a huge disadvantage if its "normal" behavior.
Options
36 Reply
Re:all smartbulbs lost after power cut
2018-03-14 10:01:59
Are they showing up on the kasa app when you operate on local site? If not, you need to add them to the app. If you can operate them locally but not remotely, check whether remote control is enabled. The power outage may have reset the bulbs
Options
2018-03-15 02:16:54
mate i am 2500miles away and this is very annoying if this is normal. Smartplugs are fine but Smartbulbs are gone, inactive in from the Kasa app. PLEASE fix the firmware as noone will buy this product otherwise.
Options
2018-03-15 09:28:00
smart bulb will reboot or reset itself when it's switched on and off a few times. Is it that the power coming in and out during the outage?
Options
2018-03-17 15:24:27
I am able to reach the remote site and i run a WIFI search thanks to a Ubiquiti system on site. This shows the TP-link bulbs are in AP mode.
Now what I desperately want is a way to connect and configure them remotely over command line.

I am a linux engineer, not a lame home user.

I would like to control the bulbs from a local linux box, just like it is possible with TP-link smart plugs:
https://github.com/softScheck/tplink-smartplug/blob/master/tplink-smarthome-commands.txt

Funny or Sad thing is, the Smartplugs are million times more stable, they dont lose their configs
So, how i could configure them now what i see them in AP mode?
These all would not be necessary if the firmware would be written as good as for the smartplugs.
Why the bulbs dont keep their config?
Power went out 6 hours, did not come back during that period.

The bulbs should never lose the config unless the user manually reset them. Once they can reconnect the wifi network, all should be good, but now they are all in AP mode.
Options
2018-03-19 15:21:46
if there is power in and out during the outage, which will reset the bulb.
sorry, i don't know how to configure the bulb over command line.
as far as i know, the bulb can only be controlled by the kasa app.
Options
2018-03-20 01:57:53
then the smart bulbs is really a junk. Failed design. Why dont they walk over in the next office where the smartplug devs are working. They made a great product but the bulb is totally useless.
Options
2018-03-20 21:54:40
I'm not sure Enson was clear - the bulbs do not reset to AP mode in the event of a power outage. But if an outage occurs 3 times it will look like a reset request to the bulbs (as if you were flicking the light switch off and on). That WILL clear the settings and put them into AP mode. Not something that they could eliminate as the bulbs don't have a reset button but I suppose you could request a change to need more than 3 clicks.
Options
2018-03-21 00:46:22
i a 100% aware how the reset works but i am sure there is a firmware bug as there was anything like you need for the reset by the utility company. It was off and back on and then the bulbs are in AP mode. 100% firmwares issue, i would say it unlikely to have hardware issue with them.
Options
2018-03-21 08:12:05
Ok, sorry. If it helps, I'm running an LB120 and an LB130, both at 1.6.0, neither reverts to AP mode on a power outage. I don't generally leave them powered off for 6 hours but I have occasionally. I would imagine the wifi configuration is kept in flash - maybe it is a hardware issue?
Options
2018-03-21 09:40:19

belmont wrote

i a 100% aware how the reset works but i am sure there is a firmware bug as there was anything like you need for the reset by the utility company. It was off and back on and then the bulbs are in AP mode. 100% firmwares issue, i would say it unlikely to have hardware issue with them.

I am with Belmont. Had a planned power outage last night for 6 hours, power returned, all devices came back on, the bulbs on / off are acessible by the software, but the scheduling does not work anymore. I cannot access that feature in any way for each bulb. Really frustrating. All software updates were done. In some areas of my home, the lighting control is for security when I am away and need remote and scheduling control. Every time power is lost, I have to totally reset the bulb(s) which means I have to be home. So, what is the fix?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7437

Replies: 36