all smartbulbs lost after power cut

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

all smartbulbs lost after power cut

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
36 Reply
Re:all smartbulbs lost after power cut
2018-03-21 10:16:55
Found a solution in another thread. Administrators, you should cross link the threads to the solution of the bulbs resetting to factory default times and dates.
Also, people do not have time to wait for Administrators to approve a message when we are wating for solutions on devices we depend on 24/7.
Options
2018-03-21 15:32:49
Thanks Ricky, I tried to look for other thread and found the solution you mentioned, it works for me as well.
Share with everyone here: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?95035-Kasa-scheduler-no-longer-working
Options
2018-03-22 00:51:42
the power outage happened when the bulbs were not ON. This is standby state, but the WIFI is connected of course, and then it outage came for about 6 hours. Anyone can try this, If no issue then i have faulty units unfortunately. If issue with 6 hours outage, then it is main HW or SW failure.
Options
2018-03-23 00:32:07
Well, I did say that I've occasionally (inadvertently) tried it with no issue though I can't verify it was 6 hours. I don't use the scheduler but I'm not sure it's relevant here - seems like your question was hijacked...

You don't have any bulb locally that you can use to test? If they're going into AP mode it does sound like a hardware problem. Odd if it'd be a fault on all of them. Any chance there's a problem with the power itself? IIRC there was a thread complaining about poor (noisy, out of spec) power delivery resetting the bulbs.
Options
2018-03-24 00:22:22
i will check the bulbs next week Wednesday. If they are in AP mode that means they were reseted. The question is by what. 1) the long duration of the power outage 2) they all have hardware or firmware issue, 3) as you said maybe some RF noise fooled them. I have Ubiquit network around them and the power is utility power, residential area, no factory within 2 miles. Hard to say whats going on. I dont have a Oscillioscope to check the quality of my utility power but if thats the case the Chinese brothers should add extra filters in the circuit.
Options
2018-03-24 12:06:47
terima kasih untuk posting
Options
2018-03-24 13:46:05
bokepfr has posted 58 messages of pure spam and is still not banned, that's not good.
Options
2018-03-24 23:06:11
Options
2018-03-25 00:13:18
LMAO! Well thank you bokepfr! And now I'm chatting with a bot :).
Options
Any Resolution Yet
2018-07-25 22:31:05

belmont wrote

the power outage happened when the bulbs were not ON. This is standby state, but the WIFI is connected of course, and then it outage came for about 6 hours. Anyone can try this, If no issue then i have faulty units unfortunately. If issue with 6 hours outage, then it is main HW or SW failure.

Every time there is a power outage, the bulbs have to be reinitialized and added to the network. Switches and plugs are fine. We liv in Florida, so power is out alot due to storms. Makes the bulbs virtually unuseable.....
Options
Related Articles