all smartbulbs lost after power cut

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

all smartbulbs lost after power cut

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
36 Reply
Re:all smartbulbs lost after power cut
2018-08-14 23:17:01
Ok, new to the forums, and if this is the wrong thread, PLEASE direct me to the one I need to be in or reference.

Equipment: NETGEAR - Dual-Band AC1750 Router with 16 x 4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem [SIZE=2](cannot confirm firmware at the moment)
Smart Bulb: (9) LB110s running firmware version 1.7.1
Smart Plug: (1) HS110 running firmware version 1.2.5
Smart Camera: (4) KC120s (cannot confirm firmware at the moment)

Issue: So in the last couple of weeks, I've started getting a lot, almost daily, issues with my devices losing connectivity to my router. This has happened in the past, but just cycling the switches would bring the devices back 'visible' in the app. Now, I have to turn all of the switches off, unplug all of the cameras, power down the modem/router, wait a while, boot the modem/router back up, wait for it to complete boot sequence and then I can go turn all of the switches back on and plug the cameras back in. Like others have said, the Smart Plug is bulletproof. It never loses it's connection and I can turn it on and off as soon as the WIFI is back. The rest of this sequence is a pain to deal with. I also have (2) D-Link cameras that also reconnect without issue as soon as the WIFI is restored. I was hoping to transition everything to one ecosystem, but as it is now, I have to keep them up because anytime I have a power blip or ISP hiccup, I can't depend on the TP-Link stuff to work.

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments, solutions are most appreciated.
[/SIZE]
Options
2020-10-17 10:53:47
I have a number of Hive bulbs, which come on fully after a power fail. I'm looking to replace them with the Tapo bulbs, so that I can use the 1% default setting. I have read reviews and am concerned that there is a problem with the Tapo bulbs regarding the problems highlighted in this thread. Has this fault been eliminated? Thanks.
Options
2020-11-03 02:58:17

@Graham35p 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Have you bought the Tapo bulbs already?

From the current feedbacks we have, it is more related to the main router, such as the channel encryption method.

And of course there would be some suspended cases.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options
2020-11-08 15:33:18 - last edited 2020-11-08 21:04:47

@Brook I did not have issues with my Archer MR 600 router with the older FW on my Yeelight Smart LED bulbs YLDP06YL, and my router did reboot daily at 03:00. Since a few days and since my Yeelight lightbulbs did upgrade to the FW 2.0.6_0065, these two lightbulbs never get reconnected after the router reboots.

I still have one older Yeelight LED lightbulb YLDP02YL that never got a V2 version firmware, this lightbulb always reconnects to my router. Is this issue reported here now a router or a lightbulb issue? I also reserved IP addresses for the YLDP06YL lightbulbs, this did not help.

I swapped my Archer MR600 with my MR400 and interesting, the never recognized newer Yeelight bulbs were always recognized by the MR400, it could be a defective WiFi on my Archer MR400.

Options
2020-11-09 06:51:23

@StardustOne 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Did MR600 and MR400 use the same SIM card?

And you could also check the IP address, LTE band on the MR600 to see if it is the same as MR400;

Since the MR600 is LTE advanced(4G+) which supported CA band aggregation, so maybe there would be a little different with MR400;

Moreover, after the firmware update of the V2, have you tried to factory reset the new Yeelight bulbs to have a look?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-11-11 22:38:04 - last edited 2020-11-11 22:39:41

@Brook I used the same SIM card for my Archer MR600 and MR400.

What is quite interesting, since I swapped the MR600 with the MR400, I did not had any issues with my WiFi at home anymore. Those Yeelight I own have the latest firmware I checked and they always are recognized by the MR400 WLAN. I did also factory reset the Yeelights before, but with the Archer MR600, nothing worked. When I switched back to the MR400, I did not reset those Yeelight bulbs and they were immediately recognized by my Archer MR400 router.

I swapped my MR400 with 30 WLAN clients back to my MR600 and I only got about 14 WLAN clients, I swapped it back to my MR400 and voilà, all my 30 WLAN clients and devices came back online without any issues.

It looks like my MR600 what is a V1.0 one does not have a stable and reliable WLAN. Maybe it is broken? the MR400 I own is a V3.0 hardware.

Options
Related Articles