Too many false positives for motion/sound detection when on lowest setting, NC230/NC450.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Too many false positives for motion/sound detection when on lowest setting, NC230/NC450.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-12 23:30:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have installed 1 x NC450 and 2 x NC230, and set the motion and sound detection to 'Low'. 2 are internal views, 1 is an external view via window. I have used the motion detection grid to block out obvious street motion etc. for the external view. When I activate the motion/sound detection in the Away mode, I get too many false positives to make this useful, several per day. Please advise?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Too many false positives for motion/sound detection when on lowest setting, NC230/NC450.
2018-03-14 09:35:23
With the external view to the street, situation is quite complicated. Noises inevitable.
Options
Re:Too many false positives for motion/sound detection when on lowest setting, NC230/NC450.
2018-03-15 01:35:48

Anton L.Z. wrote

With the external view to the street, situation is quite complicated. Noises inevitable.

And apparently, most noise levels from everyday appliances, fridge, furnace etc. are above the 'low' threshold. I've now discontinued using 'sound' detection, focusing on 'motion' to see if it can be reliable.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 806

Replies: 2