LB 100 setup failure on "configuring"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-25 21:41:48

For the record I have successfully set up several smart plugs in the past after having problems with them by finding solutions on the TP Link forum and applying them myself. Unfortunately the old forum content is no longer available so it is therefore necessary to make a new thread.

So I got my kid an LB 100 (version 2) smart bulb for Christmas (along with an Amazon Echo Dot). I've been trying to set the bulb up all day and after several failed attempts I've given up trying to figure this out for myself. 

During the configuration process, I have chosen the the proper wifi network and the password for that network is visually verified and double checked.

the "Almost Done" screen is visible on my iOS device (running iOS 12.1.2), and then the light dims off and on twice with the appropriate crescendo/decrescendo pattern. Inevitably the next screen that I see says:

"Installation Failed

Double check your Wi-Fi

password and let's follow the

Install Guide again

[robot pic]

Don't worry we've saved your 

SmartBulb details

START OVER (button)"

i have followed the advice to NOT hit the start over button, log out of the TP Link app and forget my network, wait a few minutes and then sign in to all of the above once more, but no love after several tries.

Secondary to having a similar problem with the smart plugs in the past, i also verified that my IP address is set to 192.168.0.1 just to be sure. The router I'm using (Apple Airport Time Capsule model# A1470 EMC 2635) is running the most current software version 7.7.9)

On a personal note, some people in my culture consider a good working definition for insanity to include: "acts of doing the same thing multiple times while expecting a different outcome each time." Please help prevent me from being privately institutionalized. ;)

Thanks for all the help in advance....

Options
2 Reply
Re:LB 100 setup failure on "configuring"
2018-12-26 03:06:41

Ok, crisis solved and institutionalization avoided. My problem was solved with several router restarts. 😛

Options
Re:Re:LB 100 setup failure on "configuring"
2018-12-27 06:58:42
Oh, it's a new idea for me, thanks for your sharing:)
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 856

Replies: 2