Votes

Sharing devices between multiple accounts

Votes

Sharing devices between multiple accounts

93 Reply
Re:Sharing devices between multiple accounts
2023-12-27 01:26:39

@Solla-topee the question is if a device (smart plug) can simultaneously be controlled by two different Kasa accounts. Your answer is about logging into a single account on multiple devices (ultimately the device is still only controlled from one Kasa account). You may want to clarify your answer so that it is not misleading. 

Options
2023-12-27 06:29:59

@Bing2383 Obviously, it's unable to control a Kasa plug by different accounts. But I see the Tapo plug can be controlled by different accounts. https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2613/

Options
2023-12-29 18:15:44

@Solla-topee 

Hello, I would also like to share my account with multiple accounts. I would like to share my cameras with my sister, brother, mother, and father. I would like to keep my settings and notifications separate from them and give them certain access so they don't change my saved angles and other things associated. Since I use the cameras more often, I don't want them having the same access as myself but I do want my family to be able to use all the items.

Options
2024-02-06 14:57:21

Very disappointing that this has yet to be added.  This should be a simple request and standard functionality.

I use my Kasa devices all the time, at my primary home.  I would like to grant someone else access, but I do not want to share by password and/or give them admin rights.  They should just have the ability to turn devices on/off. 

I guess I will have to consider another solution that means modern security protocols as apparently tp-link doesn't think security is important.

Options
RE:Sharing devices between multiple accounts
2024-02-19 01:27:21
I would love to share items between accounts. My parents have some kasa plugs at their house in the room I stay in, and I have kasa plugs at my house, so I want to be able to use the smart plugs without logging in and out.
Options
2024-03-25 18:13:23
I am living with my mother-in-law for a time. We have different smart devices and would like to keep them in our own accounts, but would both like to use the devices when necessary. Keeping our accounts separate would be ideal.
Options
2024-05-01 12:23:32

I have 7 TP Link Kasa Light Switches in my house. I just purchased a KC410 and discovered this pathetic limitation. The camera is being returned. It seems clear TP Link does not care about their crippled platform or upset customers as this thread is many years old. Looks like another Eufy camera will be added to the house. They allow guest access as any of these "smart device" systems should allow for. 

I created this account just to comment. I will be sure to review the KC410

on Amazon to hopefully alert potential

other consumers of the hobbled and inadequate software

Options
2024-05-06 17:09:22
Not having this feature is a major disappointment
Options
2024-05-15 04:36:09

This is a serious red flag.  I'm returning my KASA devices to Amazon.   Kasa doesn't understand security and privacy - really makes me wonder how much I can trust them.   

I can't believe they don't have any core understand of the risks that have been explain (multiple times).  I wonder if their company has ANY cyber security staff.   Or rather, any compentwnt cyber security staff.  

wow - this is such a disappointment.   I was planning to purchases other devices...I'll look elsewhere.  

Options
2024-05-20 14:35:07

@Solla-topee this is a horrible lack of foresight on the part of the developers. Won't be getting any more smart devices from TP-Link.

Options

Voters 46

+ 42 Voters