H100 Failed : another cmd is running

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

H100 Failed : another cmd is running

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:H100 Failed : another cmd is running
2020-08-26 01:01:34

I am having the same error tried all the things here and nothing works. I have been using this switch for quite sometime, I would return it if I could. Any solutions here?

Options
2020-08-26 13:16:42
Options
2020-09-23 18:06:54

@2na - what does this even mean?  "Renamed it in my router" .... ????   Gave it a new DNS PTR record? 

At any rate - I'm getting this error with one of my devices now and I've tried everything suggested ... updated PTR record for local DNS entry, forced in DHCP server settings to a new IP Address, removed / reset to factory default / re-add to app, log out of app/back in, etc.  Still no luck.  Always "another cmd is running" when trying to enable remote control. 

Absolutely maddening.  I'd like TP-Link to send me a new outlet, the one that's giving me the "another cmd is running" error is nearly a paperweight to me at this point.

Options
2020-09-23 18:14:14
What this feels like is there is something "stuck" in a TP-Link database which allows the remote control access from the app. From sniffing these devices, I know it contacts devs.tplinkcloud.com...it's as if the device is already somehow registered there, and because it is, it prevents enabling remote control. Regardless - this is a bug and TP-Link needs to address it. Hi TP-Link: If you're reading this, please tell us where we can submit bug reports such that you can fix this and send out revised firmware (if needed).
Options
Re:H100 Failed : another cmd is running-Solution
2020-09-25 04:34:44 - last edited 2020-09-25 04:34:51

@BKM 

Good day.

Sorry for delay.

May I know how long have you had the plug and when did the issue start?

And how many plugs do you have and did all of them have the same issue, or just one of them?

Can I have a picture of the product label on the bad plug?

Have you tried the following suggestions:

1) Reset the Kasa device and set it up again.

2) Disable firewall on router and modem. Reboot the router and modem.

3) Change the primary DNS address of the router to 8.8.8.8.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-12-04 00:36:03

@Liztplink I had this same issue with the HS100 plug I use for my Christmas tree. I put it away last January and took it back out today. Could not control with Alexa anymore nor discover it after resetting it back to factory defaults and reconfiguring. I aso got the same cmd is running error when I tried to enable remote control. The only thing I could do is turn on or off through TP-Link app. I renamed it in the router as someone else suggested but that did not work. What worked for me was rebooting my router (I have a Netgear Nighthawk router). Once the router came back up I got  notification on my phone saying the plug "is connected to Alexa with the TP-LINK Kasa skill". And remote control is automatically enabled. It works again! Reboot your router!

Options
2020-12-04 00:36:46

@SusiFT reboot your router. 

Options
Related Articles