Cloud CMD fail error!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cloud CMD fail error!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cloud CMD fail error!!
Cloud CMD fail error!!
2019-11-05 01:06:37 - last edited 2019-11-20 08:40:46

So I had my Tp link plug lite set up and working fine on my Amazon Alexa. As soon as I linked my tp link with my Xfinity Xfi app everything stopped working and I got a cloud cmd fail error every time I tried to enable remote controls on my tp link. I reset it like 30 times to no avail. So I disconnected it from my Xfinity Xfi app, and then did one more reset and wouldn’t you believe it that worked! So you cannot have your tp link plug linked with your Xfinity app or it will no longer be able to be used remotely, figure that one out 🤷‍♀️. Lmao

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cloud CMD fail error!!-Solution
2019-11-18 04:26:46 - last edited 2019-11-20 08:40:46

@josephbarness I reset my LB120 multiple times. I then noticed that the Device time was set for the year 2000, which I thought was odd. Every time I installed it, the year was always in the past. So I signed out of my Kasa account, deleted the app, and reinstalled the app.  All my other smart plugs were still on the account, but the light bulb was gone. I reinstalled the bulb and it worked! The device time was now correct and the CMD error gone! Voice activated w/Alexa was now working.

TLDR: uninstall and reinstall the app folks!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cloud CMD fail error!!
2019-11-05 02:42:30

@josephbarness 

Glad to hear that you figured it out. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Options
Re:Cloud CMD fail error!!-Solution
2019-11-18 04:26:46 - last edited 2019-11-20 08:40:46

@josephbarness I reset my LB120 multiple times. I then noticed that the Device time was set for the year 2000, which I thought was odd. Every time I installed it, the year was always in the past. So I signed out of my Kasa account, deleted the app, and reinstalled the app.  All my other smart plugs were still on the account, but the light bulb was gone. I reinstalled the bulb and it worked! The device time was now correct and the CMD error gone! Voice activated w/Alexa was now working.

TLDR: uninstall and reinstall the app folks!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cloud CMD fail error!!
2019-11-20 08:41:00

@Agreenmnago 

Thanks for sharing. smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1894

Replies: 3