HS110 Doesn't Turn Off the Power

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-21 12:25:58
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I bought an HS110 to control power to a multi-plug surge protector I have for some of my entertainment equipment.

When I set it up first, I had a powerline adapter going into the HS110 and the surge protector going into that and it worked fine, but I figured the powerline adapter was a little heavy for the HS110 so I decided to plug the surge protector directly into the HS110

Only now, it won't turn off the power. I hear the click when I trigger it but the surge protector still gets power.

I decided to experiment and plugged the surge protector into a 3-way socket adapter and then into the HS110 and it surprisingly worked initially but eventually went back to not killing the power when triggered.

I'm now left with a basically non-functioning HS110 unless I plug a heavy powerline adapter into it first.

The surge protector is a Masterplug 10 Socket Surge Protector

Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or anything I can do to make it work as it should?

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS110 Doesn't Turn Off the Power
2019-02-22 07:46:26

hi, please notice the power consumption of the surge protector, fyi, the related info about HS110 as below.

Maximum Load 16A
Maximum Power 3.68KW

Can HS110 itself be turned on/off with the kasa app or the physical button? It is important; 

Meanwhile, it is recommended to change another device to do a comparison analysis. Whether it can be turned on or off. 

Options
Re:HS110 Doesn't Turn Off the Power
2019-08-14 12:10:38

I have a similar problem with my HS100. 

Model: HS100(EU)

Hardware Ver.: 3.0

The socket does not switch off. If the socket is switched on and I press the button on the socket, the light goes out at the socket, and I also hear the relay click, but the socket continues to supply power. When I control the plug from the Google Home or Kasa App, the same thing happens. The LED in the socket goes off and you can hear the relay switching, but the socket doesn't turn off the power. I've reset the socket several times and set it up again, which didn't help.

Options
Re:Re:HS110 Doesn't Turn Off the Power
2019-08-15 08:37:47
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4124

Replies: 3