Cant connect my laptop to my wireless printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-09 11:55:42 - last edited 2019-09-11 03:48:13
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I cant connect my laptop, which is connected to the AV600 extender, to my wireles printer which is connected to my router.

I have the extender configured to clone the SSID and password. I have 2 PCs which are connected to the router via LAN Cables and connect to the printer OK.My printer is connnected to the router. I am trying to connect a laptop to the printer, the laptop is connected to the extender. When I try to add a printer, it cannot fined it. If I ping the printer from the laptop, it times out. I moved the laptop next to the router, so that it connects to the router and not the extender. I can ping and connect to the printer. When I move back to the room with the extender, then I cant print or ping. If i connect the laptop to the extender using a LAN canle, all is OK. Can anyone suggest whats wrong, I dont want to use the laptop with a cable trailing around the room. (When the laptop is connected wirelessly to the extendeer the internet works fine and I can map to my NAS drive its just the printer that doesn't wotk

ANy help please

Derrick

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cant connect my laptop to my wireless printer-Solution
2019-09-10 11:02:10 - last edited 2019-09-11 03:48:13

I have just switched off the wireless on the extender, and rebooted my laptop, closer to the router and I can ping the printer. I then unplugged the extender to check the model Which is WPA4220,. When I plugged it in and switched the wireless back on, I then brought the laptop next to the extender and I can now ping the printer.

Because I cloned my routers SSID/Password, how do I know if I am connected via the extender or to the router, because I am not sure if the laptop has managed to connect to the router (which I doubt, because thats why I got the extender in the first place?)

I wonder if unplugging/plugging the extender has rebooted it and its now OK!

@Derk 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cant connect my laptop to my wireless printer
2019-09-10 03:40:52

@Derk 

Hello Derrick, what is the model number of the AV600? It starts with TL-WPA/PA.

WIth laptop connected to the AV600 by wired cable, i can connect to the printer without any problem, but it cannot find printer with laptop connected to the extender by wirelessly, right?

Please click here to verify the IP and gateway with laptop connected to the extender's wifi. Then please confirm whether the laptop and printer are in the same subnet.

Try to change another socket to plug the AV600 or rename the extender' wifi to give it a shot.

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
Re:Cant connect my laptop to my wireless printer-Solution
2019-09-10 11:02:10 - last edited 2019-09-11 03:48:13

I have just switched off the wireless on the extender, and rebooted my laptop, closer to the router and I can ping the printer. I then unplugged the extender to check the model Which is WPA4220,. When I plugged it in and switched the wireless back on, I then brought the laptop next to the extender and I can now ping the printer.

Because I cloned my routers SSID/Password, how do I know if I am connected via the extender or to the router, because I am not sure if the laptop has managed to connect to the router (which I doubt, because thats why I got the extender in the first place?)

I wonder if unplugging/plugging the extender has rebooted it and its now OK!

@Derk 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cant connect my laptop to my wireless printer
2019-09-11 03:47:23

@Derk 

First, it is glad to hear that you figured it out by power cycle it. Congrats. 

To verify which device you have connected, we cannot say that easily cause they have the same wireless network name, while you can use the 3rd party programme, like wifi analyzer and it will show up the MAC address, we can verify which device you have connected. 

Or you can rename the wifi name of the extender. Make it different from the host network. 

Anyway, it is working now, if need more help, please feel free to contact us.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3001

Replies: 3

Related Articles