Smart bulb groups with Kasa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-15 15:05:30

It would be most useful to be able to schedule serveral bulbs at a time in a created group. This does not seem to be possible at the moment. I have currently 6 smart bulbs, and when I am changing on/off during the year depending on the changing sunset/rise, I have to go through all bulbs separately. It would be extrenely easy to program Kasa so that a given group can be changed at the same time.

Tomas

Options
5 Reply
Re:Smart bulb groups with Kasa
2019-10-16 12:04:30

@ProfTomas 

I agree, I have several rooms where I have twin light fittings etc and it would be a useful feature.

Options
2019-11-12 19:04:50

@ProfTomas I agree, it seems such a basic function..A workaround would be to schedule a scene and then use a smart action to switch the lights off, but that is not ideal, the maximum time for this is only 3 hours. Hopefully there will be a software update......... 

Options
2020-02-13 17:06:21

Hello, there is group feature now on the Kasa App now, refer to https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2299/

Options
2020-02-13 18:45:44
Hello. I cannot find the option of setting a time schedule for the entire group...
Options
2020-02-14 11:05:32

@ProfTomas 

ProfTomas wrote

Hello. I cannot find the option of setting a time schedule for the entire group...

We are able to control the group manually but cannot set schedule for group yet, I will forward this request to product department.

Thank you very much for the patience!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1089

Replies: 5

Related Articles