KC200 outdoor cam - Cannot subscribe to KASA CARE!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-16 16:07:41 - last edited 2019-11-20 09:16:27
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest as of Nov 16, 2019

I've tried everything.  Other iOS devices.  I cannot subscribe to Kasa Care.  I live in Canada.  I cannot see video summary.  I hit the subscribe button and it goes to this screenshot attached.  Payment method is greyed out and cannot select any of my 5 cams.

i live in Canada.  I sure hope this cloud service is available here. Or these cameras are useless. I can't see any video of motion recorded overnight as it is in the summary and only available with the cloud service.  

ive logged in and logged out, tried other devices, phones tech support (no good as the department Kasa care was not around).

what is the fix?

thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:KC200 outdoor cam - Cannot subscribe to KASA CARE!!-Solution
2019-11-19 07:08:37 - last edited 2019-11-20 09:16:27

@casefresh 

For your information, the KASA care service has not been launched in Canada yet; that is why you cannot subscribe it.

While please be assured of it, there is a plan to launch kasa care in Canada but the development work has not been finished yet; Therefore, we provide a workaround, first, all cameras support free offerings which is different due to the different products, and as you can see, you can enjoy 30-days free trial of Premium Plan until the Kasa Care service is officially launched. 

And for please enable motion detection and you can view the clips on the activity page. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:KC200 outdoor cam - Cannot subscribe to KASA CARE!!-Solution
2019-11-19 07:08:37 - last edited 2019-11-20 09:16:27

@casefresh 

For your information, the KASA care service has not been launched in Canada yet; that is why you cannot subscribe it.

While please be assured of it, there is a plan to launch kasa care in Canada but the development work has not been finished yet; Therefore, we provide a workaround, first, all cameras support free offerings which is different due to the different products, and as you can see, you can enjoy 30-days free trial of Premium Plan until the Kasa Care service is officially launched. 

And for please enable motion detection and you can view the clips on the activity page. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:KC200 outdoor cam - Cannot subscribe to KASA CARE!!
2019-11-20 05:44:01

@Kevin_Z thanks for this info.  Where do you say this in your app and website and social media that it isn't available in Canada? I wasted a lot of time on this.  A bit misleading, but glad it's coming. 

Options
2019-11-20 09:16:18

@casefresh 

Sorry for that; from the official website, the KC200 is not listed, that is why there is not much document you can reference. 

We will try to make it more clear to get the information needed. 

And any further problem, be free to let us know. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-21 05:23:48

@casefresh Can you tell me when your Deco X10 will be available? Thanks. 

Options
2020-04-25 06:17:07 - last edited 2020-04-25 06:17:40

@Kevin_Z 
Hi, 

We are late April 2020.
Still waiting for Kasa CAre for Canada (else why bother selling TP-Link cameras in Canada?).

Thanks Jc
Options
2020-07-06 06:23:35
You have to ask TP-Link to update the firmware and add the RTSP function + add free servers for the cloud, and not limit the camera, which seems like an invitation to the captive client of the cloud service with them. Is a gotcha.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1378

Replies: 6