Thank you TP-LINK!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Thank you TP-LINK!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Thank you TP-LINK!
Thank you TP-LINK!
2019-11-25 18:30:48

Hello,

More often than not we read posts of complaints about the tp-link cameras.

Well, in this thread I would like to express my gratitude to tp-link and say thank you for the NC class cameras.

My first IP camera was a TL-SC3130G and I own a NC220 and a NC250.

The only thing I couldn't do with NC250 was to record video files (the camera does not feature a SD slot and can only notify you with screenshot images). Unfortunately, I decided to buy a camera with a SD slot from another vendor and this is when I started to appreciate the quality of both the hardware and software of tp-link wholeheartedly.

Words are not enough to describe the poor quality of the other vendor's camera (VStarcam c7824wip). Cheap plastic manufacturing, the UTP port broke into pieces as soon as I plugged in the cord and the speaker sound is terrible. The software is just as bad. Too difficult to setup. No web interface; everything should be configured using a horrible Android App (EyeCloud) that asks for every kind of permission (access to contacts, the phone SD card, the camera, allow access to make phone calls, access to the GPS!) and even displays a warning message that the app may be used to spy on you!!!  The UI of the App is not user-friendly and it is very difficult to find your way around. Also, after a day of usage, my phone started complaining about that app draining the battery fast!!! Last but not least, the performance (speed) of both the App and the camera is very very poor. Comparing them to NC250 and the tpCamera app is like comparing an old Lada to a Ferrari.

I will certainly dump the VStarcam c7824wip and go for the tp-link NC450. Meanwhile, I wish tp-link continues producing high quality, robust, fast, reliable ip cameras with a web interface (which I find invaluable) and improve on the excellent tpCamera app.

That's all folks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 0

Related Articles