HS110 - Connect to home network / Time sync

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-10 15:59:34
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi.
After a hard reset I cant add my HS110 into my home wifi network. I'm not sure about the new requirement to use android versions 5 or later (starting january 2020). I’m still using android 4.4 and Kasa App always fails with "no internet" screen.

Anyway, connecting my device to the HS110 wifi network (TP-LINK_Smart Plug_XXXX ) I can add the smart plug to the Kasa App for local control only.

But, I cant config "schedule" due to a "time not sync" warning.
How to time sync?

Accessing Device Settings, under Device Info, it shows what I think are the defaults after a hard reset:

Time Zone: America/Metlakatla

Location: Last synced on 10/01/2020 14:06 (Portugal local time)

Device time: 01/01/1970 09:21 (after several hours of power on)

Model: HS110

Hardware version: 1.0 (label shows Model: HS110(EU) Ver: 2.0)

Firmware version: 1.2.5

MAC address: 70:4F:57:XX:XX:XX

Options
5 Reply
Re:HS110 - Connect to home network / Time sync
2020-01-11 21:58:18

I have already overcome the question of "time not sync", changing the time zone more than once (it is not understood why must be this way) but the "schedule" function still does not work and I could not determine if there is any time difference between what is programmed and the time it would eventually be activated.

A real pain in the ass these brand logics.

By the way, how can we paste text in this forum using an android device?

Options
2020-01-16 08:08:40

@Delta...- 

Hello, the smart phone is detected as a local device after it has connected to the smart plug's wifi; while at this moment, all the advanced features are not available, including schedule, timer or so.

It is suggested to update the Android version and reconfigure it with the main router's wifi password.

Or you can change another device to set it up.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-16 14:16:50

@Kevin_Z , timer IS available in local mode.

What was the big reason to not allow anymore older versions usage (other than forcing us to buy new devices)?

Options
2020-03-09 07:48:04

@Delta...- 

Hello, the new version may be fixed some issues/bugs or added some new feature which the old version does not have. So it is recommended to use the new versions.

Good day.

Options
2020-08-17 23:17:47

@Stella.Q 

I am facing the same issues and not using android but last version of IOS. 

Firmware has been updated on first usage , tried to change time zone several times . 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1693

Replies: 5