Kasa Care - TPlink reconsider ? 2 years Free? - Might as well just throw cam away instead!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Care - TPlink reconsider ? 2 years Free? - Might as well just throw cam away instead!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
46 Reply
Re:Kasa Care - TPlink reconsider ? 2 years Free? - Might as well just throw cam away instead!
2020-07-06 06:12:31

@warlockuk We must ask TP-Link to support RTSP and to change the cloud server for one that we want with a firmware update.
If not the cameras, these KC200 are unusable without these functions.no

Options
Re:Kasa Care - TPlink reconsider ? 2 years Free? - Might as well just throw cam away instead!
2020-07-06 06:31:24

@eduytito I would expect it's something they can just enable or have roadmap time to develop.

I got an email yesterday that says my 'premium' ended, less than a year after I bought the cameras.

So they're now on their default if having... is it two hours? Something like that for the ones I have.

Options
2020-07-06 08:58:16
I hope they update the firmware and support the minimum RTSP protocol! Now the cloud time is 2 days or 1GB whichever comes first. I mean if you use 1GB alerts before 48 hours you will be left without alerts until you reach 48 hours! This camera is a joke and how they induce buying the subscription.
Options
2020-07-06 09:27:24

@eduytito not for my cameras. I can't see footage more than two days old, and it's certainly not 1gb in clips. I think it's two days with a 1gb limit. So anything happens while I'm away for a weekend and I won't see the footage.

I bought these less than six months ago, the KC100 and KC110.

Honestly, I wish I'd not bought these / sent these back when I realised there was no rtsp.

Options
2020-07-07 22:14:09
Sure they don't have RTSP support without that, these cameras are outdated! Best of all, these guys can update the firmware and support the RTSP protocol and voila, but no, they suck.
Options
2021-08-01 01:21:31

@SnaffyNoo 

You may run a VPN with a connection to UK and re-register another account with a UK address.

I am not sur about the credit card though but that can be twicked as well.

There is always a solution.

Options