Tech Question - Has anyone checked to see if a camera s off, it's REALLY off ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-08 23:01:42 - last edited 2020-02-08 23:03:54

I love the tP Link Kasa cameras, and have purchased 6 of them over the past few weeks.

Image quality is good for 1080, and the microphone is amazing. I can get alerts for planes flying overhead!

Also it's the same app for my TP Link smart sockets, which is great.

The one thing I'd love to know is.....

Has anyone used any network monitoring software to check to see if when a Kasa cam is Off in the settings, Privacy mode. (it's LED indicator is off) it's REALLY off, and no traffic is being sent from the camera onto the internet.

I know off SHOULD mean OFF, but, for personal privacy indoors, it would be nice to hear from someone independent that off, (Privacy mode) really is off.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tech Question - Has anyone checked to see if a camera s off, it's REALLY off ?
2020-02-12 05:59:05
Hello, with Kasa Cam’s Privacy mode you can enable or disable recording of video and audio. Please note that when you select this option your camera will not record audio or video, and you will not receive any event notifications. When disabled, live video and audio streaming still works. It doesn't mean to turn off the power of the camera, because once the camera power is turned off, it will not respond when you turn it back on via the App.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 662

Replies: 1

Related Articles