Remote access to router? Security concerns?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-10 10:55:59
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Every router that I've had so far has, by default, not permitted WAN side access to router settings etc to protect against unwanted intrusions.

I've just now setup the Deco as a router (was previously in access point mode) and can make configuration changes remotely to the router settings.  Whilst this is convenient, I'm conscious that this represents a potential security risk compared to a traditional setup.

What safeguards are in place?  tpLink have access via my router to all my domestic traffic (should they wish) as the cloud service links them through to my router.  Am I overthinking this, or is this a concern that others share?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Remote access to router? Security concerns?
2020-02-11 02:40:09

@larkim 

Hello, Data security is also important to us, and we understand that it is essential for your peace of mind. We use industry-standard AES 128-bit encryption with SSL/TLS to encrypt the Deco data, ensuring your home security.

And the Deco supports antivirus and firewall, it will protect the router from the external attacks. You do not have to worry about that.

Good day.

Options