A presale question regarding a matching smart switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-28 16:35:50

Hi,

I wish to replace my old and manual electric water boiler switch to one with the following attributes, so I turn to you, hoping you have such a product that I can buy.

Of course, it is not needed to be aimed specifically for a boiler, after all it is just an on/off switch.

1. Can be installed so most of its "body" will be inside the wall
  2. Wi-Fi controlled directly (not needing a central product/hub to control it), either 2.4 or 5 GHz
  3. Android application that will have an on-off scheduler
  4. Electricity
    1. 16 Ampere
    2. 250 Volts
  5. Preferred but not a must
    1. That the application will keep track of usage dates and times, and possibly count the amount of watts consumed
    2. An external physical button/switch to be the main "real life" on/off for this device

So, can you direct me to such a product?

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:A presale question regarding a matching smart switch
2020-03-02 06:37:11 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:27:58

@Eitan 

Hi, the maximum voltage that our smart switch support is is 240Volts. If you are looking for the one that supports 250Volts, we may not have it.

Options
2020-03-02 07:38:04
Sorry, my mistake - I need 220V, what do you have for it?
Options
2020-03-02 16:15:15
I don't think TP Link has anything for installation in wall. If you do put something in-wall you need to be very careful it's certified for use there or you may be denied insurance coverage should it burn down your home - don't buy off brand devices. Most smart devices are single relays and typically handle a max of 15A. If you're in north america those specs look to be for a 3 phase powered appliance which I haven't seen supported by any commercial (home) IoT device.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2020-03-02 17:04:32

@MikeP - got it, thanks. we can close this post.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 786

Replies: 4