Reolink Camera connected to Deco M5 -> connected to router not visible in Synology Surveillance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Reolink Camera connected to Deco M5 -> connected to router not visible in Synology Surveillance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-11 20:31:10

Hi,

anybody who can help me to setup my Reolink RLC-422 camera?

Currently the camera is wired to a TP-link Deco M5 (mesh) extender which is wired/connected to the main router.

I have decided to use Synology Surveillance Station and store data on my Synology NAS. 
The problem is that when I try to add the camera in the surveillance station the camera can't be found.

My suspicion is that the it has something to do with the IP addresses. The Synology NAS has been wired directly to the main router and has a LAN IP like xxx.xxx.1.xxx and the camera has been assigned an IP automatically by the DecoM5 like xxx.xxx.2.xxx.

Its not possible to connect the camera directly to my main router since its in another building on my premise.

Any suggestions please?

Br Dennis

Options
1 Reply
Re:Reolink Camera connected to Deco M5 -> connected to router not visible in Synology Surveillance
2020-04-16 08:08:17

@DHO1978 

Hi, you can turn the Deco M5 to Access Point mode, then the camera will get the IP address from your main router directly, it will be like xxx.xxx.1.xxx, then the Station can find the camera.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1842/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1781

Replies: 1