HS110 local only and not responding to Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-15 19:45:10
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

I have 2 HS110 smartplugs and both have developed a problem where they are unresponive to Alexa, but always switch on/off through the Kasa app.

What I have found is sometimes they work and respond, but more often than not they don't and Alexa just tells me to check power, wifi etc... but then as soon as I open the Kasa app, the app shows Local only but then connects and the plugs turn on automtacally without any further interaction within the app.

I've reset both plugs, removed from Alexa and Kasa and re-configured from scratch and they both do exactly the same thing.

If it makes a difference Kasa is running on Apple devices.

Has ayone got any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS110 local only and not responding to Alexa
2020-04-16 06:50:35

@Leo1664 

Plug's remote control is not stable enough, it cause you can't control the plug with Alexa sometimes. How often the issue happens? When and where did you buy the plug? Does it work fine before? 

When the issue happens, do you have internet if you connect to the router's wifi? 

You can try to change the router's DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 or channel to 1,6,11, change the channel width to 20Mhz, make sure the plug's signal strength is good enough, you can go to the Device info page to check on the app.

Options
Re:HS110 local only and not responding to Alexa
2020-04-16 10:13:32

@Stella.Q The issue happens preety much everytime I want to use them, I have had the plugs for a while and one was purchased Dec 2017 and the other Feb 2018 and they were purchaed from Argos and Currys.

I have never had an issue with them until earlier this year and just assumed there was an issue with the Alexa skill and just left it thinking it would sort itself out or a fix would be released, but this was a few months ago and still not working correctly.

I've been using with Alexa since purchasing back in 2017 without issue.

My Internet connection is stable and I have a good connection and good wireless coverage. The plugs always respond to Kasa but not to Alexa.

I am with Virgin Media and have their Super hub 3 which doesn't allow DNS to be changed. I am however not using the Super hub for wireless, and wireless is through a Meraki MR33 Acess Point in Bridge Mode and I will make the necessary changes for DNS and chanels in that and re-test and post back.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1094

Replies: 2