Tapo C200 Night vision dimming too much

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-22 22:19:22
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My Tapo C200 keeps automatically dimming it's sensitivity to IR when trying to use it to look through a window. 

If the camera is placed outside the window then the clarity is excellent, but when the camera is inside the clarity is extremely low due to reflections off of the window and the IR sensor dimming due to relfections from the window frame.Can this be resolved as it is making the purpose of the camera defunct.

Below is an image comparison;

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 Night vision dimming too much
2020-05-08 10:21:15

Hi I’ve only had one for 2 days, same problem, but last night I turned off the IR option, made sure there were no, inside lights glow and reflections from other room coming in,with open door, Result a lot lot better, but I do have a street light near.  If not get a solar powered light of two maybe, although possibly  if you can hide the light from the camera by placing it behind something or making a Shield to stop the bright light on camera, as it’s such a contrast to the dark, then you might just get the glow to light.  As I said I turned off my IR, as the 4 red lights reflect so badly of the glass, also go in settings / LED,  and turn off the green light. 

Ps would be nice it was painted Matt black, I might be that, I wonder if anyone else has.

@TBow88 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9468

Replies: 1